Internal Transfer

Declaring a Liberal Arts major

Current Liberal Arts students who want to transfer to or add a second major within the College of LIberal Arts, should generally schedule a major declaration appointment with an academic advisor in the new desired major

Current students with majors in other colleges, as well as current Liberal Arts students with interests in the majors listed below, must complete an internal transfer application

Restricted Majors

The majors below have grade or course pre-requisites for admission consideration and not all students who meet the requirements may be offered admission. The pages below offer additional information. 


  • Students who have completed over 60 hours or four long semesters may NOT come into Liberal Arts as undeclared.
  • There is no minimum GPA to transfer to the College of Liberal Arts. However, students must earn a minimum 2.0 GPA in their major and overall as part of their degree requirements for graduation. Students who transfer into the College of Liberal Arts on scholastic probation will be required to meet the College's scholastic probation policies in order to avoid dismissal.